Hello! My name is Mrs. Janice Downs and I am the School Counselor at Moorhead Central School. This begins my 3rd year at MCS but I have a total of 33 years experience in psychometry, counseling and behavior interventions.
As a School Counselor, I am here to help students develop the academic and social skills they need to succeed in school. I will also help them explore their unique abilities, skills, values, goals and interests related to potential college and career choices.
My job is to help students become productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow. I will perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career & personal/social domains.
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance
- Attend & participate in academic & behavior intervention meetings
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult & collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers & students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information & resources to parents on a variety of issues
Please contact me anytime if I can be of service to your family. I look forward to hearing from you!
Email: is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Phone: (662) 246-5680
Career: What are my career values?
Character Word: Generosity
Life's most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others? –Martin Luther King, Jr.
Mrs. Janice Downs